California Food Handler Safety Training Cards
California Food Handler Training & Manager ANSI Certification
- Food Manager Certification
- Food Handler Training
California Food Safety ManagerCourse & ANSI Certification Exam
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. Please remember, your examination must be proctored.
*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Help with Exam
- Before the Exam: To login to the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
- To Schedule Your Exam Online: Click here
- End of Course/Exam Instructions: Your Official Certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam, however, a printable Proof of Completion document is available via the LMS once you complete and pass the final exam. (400K- PDF) – Download
California Food Handler Training Card
People working in restaurants or the food service industry need food handler training - which is is intended for entry-level food handlers or preparers - such as chefs and cooks.
The Learn2Serve.com food handler training course is a a brief 2-hour course that will discuss various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the content and learning outcomes. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a food handler training conmpletion certificate.
This training is guaranteed to meet your local requirements and is available for you to complete on your computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
At the conclusion of the Food Handler Training Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Identify foodborne illnesses, signs of food spoilage, types of food prep contamination, and proper temperature control methods.
- Safely store and prepare meat, poultry, and vegetables.
- Demonstrate effective food handling techniques that promote cleanliness and safety in food establishments.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Summarize practices for properly cleaning and sanitizing food contact materials and surface.
Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion from your training page.
California Food Safety State Requirements
California Food Handlers
California food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. California food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
- As of July 1, 2011, SB 602 requires, every California Food Handler who is involved in the preparation, storage, or service of food in a food facility has to take a California state-certified food handler course and pass an authorized test.
- The SB 303 bill made technical changes to the Food Handler Card Law that required training providers to be accredited through American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Other requirements vary by city and county – specifically Riverside and San Bernardino County – which have local food handler card programs.
- San Diego County recently approved changes to accept our Learn2Serve training.
California Certified Food Managers
California requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
California – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
California Food Safety State Regulations
- California Food Handler Card Law Guidelines (Word Doc)
- SB 602 – California Food Handler Card Requirements (PDF)
- California Retail Food Code (CRFC, 2016) (PDF)
- California Food Safety Program Rules and Guidelines
- FAQs: Commonly Asked Questions about AB 1978, California Food Safety and Sanitation Training, and Certified Examination
California Food Safety State Contact Info
California Department of Food and Agriculture
1220 N Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
California Dept. of Health Services
Food and Drug Branch
1500 Capitol Avenue MA 7602
PO Box 997435
Sacramento, CA 95899-7435
Phone: (910) 650-6617
We offer online Food Safety Training in California for: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno, Long Beach, Bakersfield, Santa Ana, Oakland, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Riverside, Stockton, Chula Vista, Irvine, Fremont, San Bernardino, Modesto, Oxnard, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Oceanside, Santa Rosa, Berkeley, and many more!
California Mobile Food Truck & Street Food Vendor State Rules and Associations
- Sacramento County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Southern California Mobile Food Vendors Association
- San Diego County – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- Find LA Food Trucks
- Los Angeles County – Mobile Food Facilities
- Fresno County – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- San Joaquin Couty – Mobile Food Facilities (PDF)
- Orange County – Carts/Trucks Mobile Food Facility
- San Bernardino County – Temporary Food Facilities (PDF)
- City of Riverside – Reulation of Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- City/County of San Francisco – Mobile Food Facilities
- Alameda County – Mobile Food Facilities
- City of Woodland – Mobile Food Vendor Requirements (PDF)
- City of Davis – Mobile Food Vendor Requirements (PDF)
- Napa County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Sonoma County- Mobile Food Facilities
- City of Santa Cruz – Mobile Food Vending
- City of Santa Rosa – Mobile Vending Permits
- City of Oakland – Mobile Food Vending
- City of San Leandro – Mobile Food Vending
- Solano County – Mobile Food Facility Requirements
- Yuba County – Mobile Food Facility Guidelines (PDF)
- Stanford University – Mobile Food Vendors