Iowa Food Handler Safety Training Cards
Iowa Food Handler Training & Manager ANSI Certification
- Food Manager Certification
- Food Handler Training
Iowa Food Safety Manager Principles Course & ANSI-CFP Certification Exam
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. Please remember, your examination must be proctored.
*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Help with Exam
- Before the Exam: To login to the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
- To Schedule Your Exam Online: Click here
- End of Course/Exam Instructions: Your Official Certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam, however, a printable Proof of Completion document is available via the LMS once you complete and pass the final exam. (400K- PDF) – Download
Iowa Food Safety Handler Training Course
People working in restaurants or the food service industry need food handler training - which is is intended for entry-level food handlers or preparers - such as chefs and cooks.
The Learn2Serve.com food handler training course is a a brief 2-hour course that will discuss various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the content and learning outcomes. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a food handler training conmpletion certificate.
This training is guaranteed to meet your local requirements and is available for you to complete on your computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
At the conclusion of the Food Handler Training Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Identify foodborne illnesses, signs of food spoilage, types of food prep contamination, and proper temperature control methods.
- Safely store and prepare meat, poultry, and vegetables.
- Demonstrate effective food handling techniques that promote cleanliness and safety in food establishments.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Summarize practices for properly cleaning and sanitizing food contact materials and surface.
Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion from your training page.
Iowa Food Safety State Requirements
Iowa Food Handlers
Iowa food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Iowa food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Iowa Certified Food Managers
Iowa requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Iowa – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Iowa Food Safety State Regulations
- Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 481-30. Food and Consumer Safety (PDF)
- Iowa Food and Consumer Safety: https://dia.iowa.gov/food-consumer-safety
- Iowa Food Safety License and Applications: https://dia.iowa.gov/food-consumer-safety/food-safety-license-applications
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Iowa Food and Consumer Safety – Food Establishment License Application (PDF) – Iowa law prohibits a food establishment or food processing plant from opening or operating until a license has first been obtained from the appropriate regulatory authority (covers Food Service Retail Food, and Mobile Food operations).
- Iowa Food and Consumer Safety – Farmers Market License Application (PDF)
- Iowa Food and Consumer Safety – Temporary Food License Application (PDF)
- Iowa City – Mobile Vending Association
- City of Des Moines – Transient Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- City of Dubuque – Mobile Food Unit Requirements
- City of Ames – Mobile Vending
Iowa Food Safety State Contact Info
Iowa Department of Inspections
Lucas State Office Building
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0083
We offer online Food Safety Training in Iowa for: Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Iowa City, Waterloo, Council Bluffs, Ames, West Des Moines, Dubuque, Ankeny, Urbandale, Cedar Falls, Marion, Bettendorf, Mason City, and many more!