North Carolina Certified Food Handler Manager Training
North Carolina Food Handler Training & Manager ANSI Certification
- Food Manager Certification
- Food Handler Training
North Carolina Food Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. Please remember, your examination must be proctored.
*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Help with Exam
- Before the Exam: To login to the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
- To Schedule Your Exam Online: Click here
- End of Course/Exam Instructions: Your Official Certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam, however, a printable Proof of Completion document is available via the LMS once you complete and pass the final exam. (400K- PDF) – Download
North Carolina Food Handler Training Card
People working in restaurants or the food service industry need food handler training - which is is intended for entry-level food handlers or preparers - such as chefs and cooks.
The Learn2Serve.com food handler training course is a a brief 2-hour course that will discuss various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the content and learning outcomes. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a food handler training conmpletion certificate.
This training is guaranteed to meet your local requirements and is available for you to complete on your computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
At the conclusion of the Food Handler Training Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Identify foodborne illnesses, signs of food spoilage, types of food prep contamination, and proper temperature control methods.
- Safely store and prepare meat, poultry, and vegetables.
- Demonstrate effective food handling techniques that promote cleanliness and safety in food establishments.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Summarize practices for properly cleaning and sanitizing food contact materials and surface.
Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion from your training page.
North Carolina Food Safety State Requirements
North Carolina Food Handlers
North Carolina food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. North Carolina food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
North Carolina Certified Food Managers
North Carolina requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
North Carolina – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
North Carolina Food Safety State Regulations
- North Carolina Food Code Manual (PDF)
- North Carolina Food Protection and Sanitation (PDF)
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services – Division of Public Health – Environmental Health Section – 15A NCAC 18A.2600 – Rules Governing The Food Protection and Sanitation of Food Establishments (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- City of Raleigh – Mobile Food Trucks
- City of Raleigh – Food Truck Quick Reference (PDF)
- Wake County – Food Trucks
- Catawba County – Mobile Food Units (PDF)
- City of Greensboro – Food Trucks
- North Carolina PushCart Vendors Commissary Facebook
- Harnett County – Mobile Food Unit Requirements
- Durham County – Temporary Food Establishments
- Gaston County – Mobile Food Units (PDF)
- Pitt County – Temporary Food Vendors (PDF)
- Wayne County – Food Vendors (PDF)
- Town of Chapel Hill – Food Truck Vendors
- City of Durham – Street Vendors (PDF)
- Charlotte – Mecklenburg County – Temporary Food Vendors
North Carolina Food Safety State Contact Info
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Public Health
5605 Six Forks Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609
Telephone: (919) 707-5854
We offer online Food Safety Training in North Carolina for: Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Durham, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, Cary, Wilmington, High Point, Greenville, Asheville, Concord, Gastonia, Jacksonville, Chapel Hill, Rocky Mount, Wake Forest, Davidson, Jamestown, Pinehurst, and many more!