Utah Food Handler Safety Training Cards
Utah Food Handler Training & Manager ANSI Certification
- Food Manager Certification
- Food Handler Training
Utah Food Safety Manager Principles Course & ANSI-CFP Certification Exam
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. Please remember, your examination must be proctored.
*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Help with Exam
- Before the Exam: To login to the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
- To Schedule Your Exam Online: Click here
- End of Course/Exam Instructions: Your Official Certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam, however, a printable Proof of Completion document is available via the LMS once you complete and pass the final exam. (400K- PDF) – Download
Utah Food Safety Handler Training Course
People working in restaurants or the food service industry need food handler training - which is is intended for entry-level food handlers or preparers - such as chefs and cooks.
The Learn2Serve.com food handler training course is a a brief 2-hour course that will discuss various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the content and learning outcomes. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a food handler training conmpletion certificate.
This training is guaranteed to meet your local requirements and is available for you to complete on your computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
At the conclusion of the Food Handler Training Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Identify foodborne illnesses, signs of food spoilage, types of food prep contamination, and proper temperature control methods.
- Safely store and prepare meat, poultry, and vegetables.
- Demonstrate effective food handling techniques that promote cleanliness and safety in food establishments.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Summarize practices for properly cleaning and sanitizing food contact materials and surface.
Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion from your training page.
Utah Food Handler Permit Requirements
Before any Utah Food Handler is allowed to prepare or handle food, which will be served to the public, the Food Handler must:
- Complete an approved Utah Food Handler Training Course from an approved training provider, pass the exam, and receive a certificate; and
- Obtain a Utah Food Handler Permit from the Utah Department of Health.
This includes: Utah food service employees that work in restaurants, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile vendors, food trucks, bars, and convenience stores - such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, caterers and managers.
Utah Food Handler Training Rule - as defined in Utah Rule R392-103-3:
- (1) A food handler must have a valid food handler permit issued by a local health officer in the local health district where the food handler resides at the time the certificate is issued. The local health officer shall issue a food handler permit by mail or in person to a food handler that has a valid certificate indicating they have taken a course and passed an exam from an approved food handler training provider.
Training Approved by the Utah Department of Health: (2/9/17) (PDF Link)
- Approved Utah Food Handler Online Training Provider: 360training (Learn2Serve)
Utah Certified Food Manager Requirements
Utah requires that a person-in-charge or owner of a retail food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the Utah Health Code by successfully passing an ANSI-Accredited food safety certification exam.
Utah Certified Food Manager - as defined by Utah Code - Title 26-15a-102.
- (2) "Certified food safety manager" means a manager of a food service establishment who:
- (a) passes successfully a department-approved examination;
- (b) successfully completes, every three years, renewal requirements established by department rule consistent with original certification requirements; and
- (c) submits to the appropriate local health department the documentation required by Section 26-15a-106.
Utah Certified Food Manager Rule - as defined by Utah Code - Title 26-15a-104.
- (1) Each food service establishment in the state shall be managed by at least one full-time certified food safety manager at each establishment site, who need not be present at the establishment site during all its hours of operation.
Utah Food Safety Regulations
Utah Code requirements for Food Handlers and Certified Food Managers:
Utah Food Service Sanitation and Handler Training
Utah Food Safety Manager Certification
- Utah Rule R392-101 Food Safety Manager Certificate
- Utah Code – Title 26: Chapter 15a: Food Safety Manager Certification Act
- Utah Department of Health - Food Safety Manager Certification
- Utah Food Safety Rules/Regulations
Utah Food SafetyContact Info
Utah Department of Health
Bureau of Epidemiology
288 North 1460 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
We offer online Food Safety Training is approved by the Utah Department of Health and valid statewide for: Salt Lake City, West Valley City, Provo, West Jordan, Orem, Sandy, Ogden, St. George, Layton, Millcreek, Taylorsville, South Jordan, Lehi, Logan, Murray, Draper, Bear River, Central Utah, Davis County, Salt Lake County, Southeastern Utah, Southwest Utah, Summit County, Tooele County, Tri County, Utah County, Wasatch County, Weber/Morgan and many more!